- Springdales Hospital Basement, E-9, Service Road, Outer Ring Road, Prashant Vihar, Delhi-110085
- (+91) 9205 123 404
(+91) 9899 097 088
PEERS® – Social Skills Training for Adolescents
PEERS® (Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills) is a 16-week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated adolescents in middle or high school who are interested in learning different ways to help them make and keep friends. During each group session adolescents are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills in sessions during socialization activities (e.g. playing sports, board games, etc.).
Parents are taught how to assist their teens in making and keeping friends by providing feedback through coaching during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Enrollment is limited. Sessions will be conducted only once a week (i.e. on Saturday evenings) from 4:30 to 6:00 pm at KiDicious. Group instructions will be provided in Hindi and English.
Regular attendance is compulsory and Parent participation (either or both) is also required.
(*Groups begin every 16 weeks, and enrollment is ongoing. Group placement is determined by clinician at intake appointment based on group dynamics.)
Please call – 9205123404, 9899097088 or email – email@example.com to begin the enrollment process.
Topics of Instruction:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to be a good sport when playing games/sports with friends
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, rumors/gossip, and cyber bullying
- How to change a bad reputation
Social Skills Role Play Videos: The UCLA PEERS Clinic recently released over 100 social skills role play videos. These videos are excellent resources for teens to learn basic rules of social etiquette. View the videos, here.
What are the participation requirements?
- Have friendship problems
- Teens in middle school or high school
- Teens must be interested in attending the program
- Teens must agree to participate in the program voluntarily
- Teens must consistently attend the program
- Parent must be willing to participate
For further details about PEERS®, please refer to the flyer (PEERS® for Adolescents).
Springdales Hospital Basement, E-9, Service Road, Outer Ring Road, Prashant Vihar, Delhi-110085
Please call our contact numbers 9205123404, 9899097088 for any further information.